Pittsworth FM broadcasts to the Pittsworth District
on 87.6 mhz
We’re First on the FM Dial.
The town of Pittsworth in the heart of the Darling Downs (45 kms southwest of Toowoomba down the Gore Highway) is engaged in the annual celebration of Spring with a number of events through the week and especially on the 7th, 8th and 9th of October. One of the main attractions is the Craft & Fine Food Spectacular (see below).
However, there are also Spring Competition Gardens to visit, the Pittsworth Art Group’s Spring Art Exhibition (Short Street), a Quilt showing (School of Arts building) and on Sunday morning the Pulse and Pain Fun Run.
READ WITH ME COMMUNITY EVENTS
It’s coming up to twelve months since the launch of the Pittsworth Early Years Network Read with Me Literacy Launch which saw over 200 parents and children participating in a street parade. Building on last year’s success we are planning a second Read with Me Event.
This year our focus will be on children’s vocabulary development using the theme of Whimsical and Whacky Characters. Prior to the parade, local author Emma Mactaggart will provide a series of fun and interactive workshops for the children to build on this theme. There will be art work generated from these workshops.
We will again celebrate together as a community with the Read with Me Street Parade on Friday 28th October. The parade will conclude at Pittsworth State School and the 2016 Community Reading Champions will read to the children. There will be an opportunity for parents to meet the Executive Director of Early Childhood Education and Care.
We invite you to join us in these activities. Your involvement last year clearly demonstrated to families that the Pittsworth Community values and supports families in children’s literacy.
There are a number of ways you can support Read with Me – Whimsical & Whacky Characters
- Provide window space for the art work generated from the Whimsical and Whacky Character workshops, 21 October through to the 28 October.
- Dress up as a whimsical or whacky character for the street parade and come and march with us OR greet the children as they pass by your business.
- Be willing to be part of the ‘My Favourite Dress Up’ profiles if approached.
- Be willing to be a 2016 Reading Champion if approached.
- Advertise the event on your social media pages.
- Advertise the event by displaying a provided poster.
For more information please contact Tracey or Fiona.
Early Years Coordinator
Pittsworth State School
First 5 Forever
46 88 6178